This post is dedicated to my sister,Lucie,as she was the first person to introduce me to the wonderful, cheese Brie. .
Don’t you just love fun food that is easy and elegant?! Well, we have a family favorite and a tradition. We use this at many occasions with different toppings. . .
At Christmas or New Years Eve, we top it with homemade cranberries and serve with chilled sparkling grape juice at midnight (This year since I did not make it at Christmas, my husband and his friend called and drove all over town until they found fresh cranberries! I was a happy, happy girl hearing them pop on my stove. They are so pretty!)
Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice
1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries (I add fresh orange zest too)
1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice or 1 cup water
1 Mix all ingredients in a med sauce pan.
2 Bring to boil; simmer until berries pop.
3 Chill until ready to serve.
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/cranberry-sauce-42609?oc=linkback
Brie Round (peel wax off)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Open Cresent Rolls and pinch seam to make a square
2. Place Brie Round in middle and fold rolls around it to completely cover it.
3. Use cookie cutter to cut seasonal shape, leaf, star, Christmas Tree, heart. . . And place shape on top.
4. Brush with beaten egg
5. Bake until browned nicely. . .about 15 to 20 minutes
6. If Brie cheese is not as soft as you would like, you can microwave for 30 to 60 seconds until it runs slightly.
7. Serve with your favorite crackers for cheese
Ideas for toppings, seedless raspberry jam, pineapple perserves, jezebel sauce, cranberry sauce.
This treat draws enthusiastic kids to the kitchen. They can smell it a mile away 🙂 Enjoy! twe