You might be expecting “rest” and “relaxation”. . . Goodness knows those are important too. . .
We are reading the hands of God’s time clock to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven differently today. . .
R n’ R is
Reign and Release
We’ve all got something in us that pushes our time clock. I was talking to a precious young friend recently. Understandably so, her clock hand is pressing her to deal with some issues now.
Love presses the hands of my clock. Three primary markers influence that dynamic:
- The sudden loss of my dad at the age of seven. Just one of the impacts of this trauma was, I wanted people to know how I felt about them now! I did not know when they might suddenly drop off the face of the earth.
- The birth and growing up years with my four daughters exploded my heart with love capacity. This gave me a “drop in the love bucket” of how much my heavenly Father loves me. (tears)
- There was a season in my life, where God poured fullness of His love and goodness. (It was not all “feel good” time. I was desperately lonely and frustrated.)
Life Lesson: Reign/Rein (yes that is a play on words, by allowing God to rein me into His will, I allow Him to reign in my life) and Release
Strong’s Concordance Hebrew reference number from the Blue Letter Bible on “time:” (Try pressing the word links yourself for more insight into this verse :)) Time in this reference and the Strong H6256 references to “time” in the verses below refer in the English language (this concept is called transliteration) to mean event, experience or occurrence.
And the dove came in to him in the evening; H6256 and, lo, in her mouthwas an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
And I commanded you at that time H6256 all the things which ye should do.
That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, H6256 the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.
God’s time is about allowing Him to reign you in to wait for His will or release you into His will. God is always right on time, never late or early as we are :).
“When in doubt wait.”
In just one instance, out of many, I did not listen to my doubt, and delivered a letter, that even with a pure intent, caused much harm. (Broke my heart:()That painful lesson taught me to wait until God’s time to press in with my love. That life-seizing lesson taught me to allow God to reign my love with His time. That challenging lesson taught me to every love there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
I have since become more aware of commands to wait for His release on when, how, what, where and how to love. I still feel the press at times, especially with this illness. I still wish God would be early. I still make mistakes and my love hurts, is misunderstood or is not rich in harvest as it could have been if I allowed God to reign me in and release me at HIS TIME.
Your Reign/Rein Your Release
- What presses or drives your time clock? Money? Fear? Sex? (Yes, my children I said the word, you were conceived you know) Addictions? (We all have them. Mine used to be chocolate at about 3pm. Now it’s diet cherry coke any time of the day!)
- How do you respond to that drive/press? Prayer? Forge ahead? Cautious?
- What are the results/harvest of your response?
- Try awareness/prayer into God’s time and purpose to your press? (Honestly, I was shocked at the fruit of His harvest in season. It may just knock you off your feet. Then you can come and sit with me! (Since my feet gave out a year or so ago.)