I hate my circumstance. I do, no use pretending to be pleasant or polite.
But, I love this quote. Thank you Ann. These things are being revealed. . . in the past two years with this awful diagnosis. . . I believe with His daily/nightly grace and mercy:
1. I’ve fulfilled more of my purpose during this “confinement” than perhaps the 50 years before it.
2. The invisible investments are the richest we will ever make in His name.
3. My family/friends know more of my identity in Christ than I’ve revealed in the past.
4. There is a new freedom in loving that empowers when a brush with a cheek might have felt awkward, I’ve long sense lost. . .”What will they think. . .if I say to a friend, ‘I love you,’ (‘love you’ felt safer) if I tell a daughter ‘I need,’ (risky vulnerability) if I actually keep a negative thought off my text message screen (and I let the mis-understanding sting me rather than my husband: Imagine that? :))”
5. I’ve used the time, through His Hand, I hope, to put to paper and Blog what I was too busy to birth from this kind of passion for life in Him.
The process of preparation and purpose is not comfortable. We resist being moved out of our comfort zone. Not a minute ticks through that I do not deeply resent all the loss in this trial.
But I’m not deaf to the joy that cries out of the cradle of a treasure in a new friendship, or 33 readers from Japan, a post that writes itself (one finger pecking out the words), lying awake at night just waiting for the sunrise in Megan and Kathleen’s faces as they tell me a school-day goodbye, a deep risky encouragement that brings tears to a young princes’ eyes, five minutes of eye contact fulfills when five hours left me “wanting,”
On a bad day, God glories in the joy birthed. On a good day, I endure the labor pains with more grace and Glory is swaddled tight and the joy is passed in embrace.
His Glory is always a glimpse of the glimmer in Heaven.
In eyes that reflect wonder
Hand cut snowflakes
A teddybear puppy love
Extravagant devotion that is beyond words
Freshly hung guest room curtains: labor of love
What is in preparation workings, toward the birth of His purpose in you???
Please email me a Christmas picture and I’ll try to include you in tomorrow’s slide show: your front door or Christmas Tree, etc.